Sunday, May 1, 2011

The birds are just getting up

The Ester C didn't work, nor did that Cold FX Immune stuff that came in my race package. I get to run today's half marathon with a hacking cough and a runny nose.
The plus side is that they're nary a cloud in the sky compared to last year (when I still didn't break 1:40). That's good because it was freezing last year and my checked bag got wet so all the dry clothes I was supposed to change in to were damp and I thought I might die of hypothermia. Also on the plus side is that G is going to meet me at the end and I'm going to go back to her place to change quickly before heading back to the finish line to watch other people come in.
I don't imagine cracking my PB today on account of being sick, but at least I won't let the excuse of not being close enough to the start line be a factor today.
I am so napping after this.

No comments: