Sunday, October 23, 2011

Post race

I was actually surprisingly sore after the race.  Not sure what that was about as it was a flat course and I have felt better coming off of other courses that were equally or more challenging.
Regardless, we set out to see the city the next day.  We checked out the John Hancock building (we were on the 94th floor, or something equally ridiculous). 
We went to the help desk there and the gentleman had run the Vancouver marathon in his day and was very happy to help us figure out a good boat tour to take, which we did and imbibed much architecture.
I like architecture.  I have a good eye for it.  I might've been good at it, except that it requires clients and I would likely have clients that would want me to design pink stucco houses and I would probably knock the plans out of their hands and say "less is more" and die bankrupt.  I love Howard Roark.
The architectural boat tour was excellent.  We took in tonnes of amazing buildings and I wish I had somehow recorded the commentary but the buildings do speak for themselves.
It was a bit like visiting an art gallery with all the buildings on display.  Modernism.  Post modernism.  Classicism.  Prairie style.  A little Art Nouveau.  I love Art Nouveau.
Then we went for a random dinner and beers at a place called Rock Bottom.
Insert lifestyle joke here.

No comments: