Thursday, December 23, 2010

A non-chick flick

Today. Today. Today wasn't too bad. Then I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill and rode the bike for an hour.
Then I ate dinner and read an article in Vanity Fair.
Then I watched "Broken English" because Netflix is slowly turning me into a television watcher. I try to be discerning. I have watched "Easy Rider", lots of "Mad Men", "Three Days of the Condor" and "Educating Rita". So, it's not like I'm watching "Sex and the City 2" or "Eat, Pray, Love" or something.
Anyways. If you're a quasi-intellectual chick that maybe fears the unknown and is somewhat self conscious and isn't much of a risk taker and perhaps drinks too much red wine and has a rather mundane job and falls for smarmy lines in the hopes that they're true? And you liked "Before Sunrise" and "Lost in Translation"? You should watch "Broken English". I mean yeah, it's a stretch far fetched, but it's also totally plausible. I liked it. It was romantic and funny and well written and I'm actually surprised that I've never heard of it before.
It's like a chick flick that doesn't make you want to vomit into your handbag. Because you don't have a handbag.

1 comment:

judith said...

Word of advice from someone who does carry a handbag (it's a mommy thing), don't barf in your own!!! Barf in some other person's handbag so you don't have to carry it. I'll have to check out that movie.