Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Wow. That was loads of fun.
I remember having these tremendous mood swings when I was like 14 through 16 years old. Just filled with rage. I kicked a dent in my bedroom door and so my dad removed the door (cause every teenage girl loves having a bedroom with no door on it) and he said I could have it back when I wanted to learn how to fix it. And so I learned to mud and sand and paint.
I remember telling my parents I hated them... and worse.
I remember fighting with my mother in the kitchen (I can't even remember what it was about) and being so utterly enraged that it took every ounce of restraint not to fling the dish rack off the counter.
I guess that was "hormones".
So do 33 year olds still suffer from "hormones"?
I don't know what the hell swept over me from Saturday night until Monday, but I think it's gone now.
It bothers me - a lot - that I was waking up with such utter despondency and helplessness for a couple of days and now everything is simply copacetic. It's not fair. It was like being temporarily insane, but being utterly unaware of it.
I'm sure there's an app for that.
In other news that isn't from the Twilight Zone: the H2H 100 kilometre relay I was to participate in this weekend has been shelved until next year because we couldn't round up enough (8?!?) runners. Jerks. Going to New York and to Hawaii and having torn ACLs and what have you. I do hope it happens next year: I was looking forward to the camaraderie (though not the 6am start time somewhere far from here).
What else, what else...
When I was wrapping up Sunday's 10 miler I was running down the gravel path on Grand Boulevard and the sun was shining and a breeze blew up and cast all the leaves down from this tree that I was approaching and the leaves danced and swirled in the sun, in the wind, all around me as the downtown skyline came into view and the sun warmed my face and I was, for a moment, in awe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya.

Duder said...

Indeed. Ain't life grand sometimes?