Sunday, October 2, 2011

My so called life

I've mentioned that I have some pretty amazing friends.  I went for an overdue coffee with one of them downtown today.  Two hours later my throat was sore from talking so much and my perception had changed.  There are few people in life that impact me the way L does.
We went to Trees Coffee on Granville.  When I worked on Granville back in the day when I was called "Boots" I would walk by and always see this guy with white hair and a beard sitting outside the coffee shop.  When Michael and I did our "tourist in our own hometown" thing a while ago we walked by and he was there.  And he was there again today. He must be there every day.
I don't know what to make of him. He doesn't talk to anyone or hassle them.  He just sits there for hours and uses their bathroom occasionally.
And then I think: me and L come here every couple of months and we have different variations of the same conversation.
What do I want.  What do I want.
Bachelor life.
I sit here tonight and I am king.  I get whatever I want whenever I want it.  It loses its lustre. 
Maybe that's why I run marathons.  It's not a given.  You have to work hard to get it.
Anyways.  Between us, Michael and I have three bikes.  I have a 620 square foot apartment. 
I looked up bike storage options on the net today.

1 comment:

judith said...

Cool colorful bike!