Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Safeway has STILL not responded to my petulant email and also I have PMS.

If there's something I like (besides food, wine, coffee, eating out, travelling, reading and sleeping) it's music.  I listen to music pretty much every minute that I'm awake.  One thing that disturbs me is going for dinner at someone's place and they don't have any music on.  Like: what is that about?  It doesn't have to be loud, but a little jazz in the background is rather paramount.  I will take it so far as to say that I don't trust people that don't listen to music a lot.  I also don't trust people that drink Budweiser.
At any rate, I was listening to KCSM some weeks ago (as I am right now) and the music was just tremendous (I will make it to Yoshi's.  I will.) and they were asking for money and I've been listening to them for a couple of years and I've never given them anything and so I donated $50.  $50 gets you a cloth bag with the KSCM logo on it.  I do admit that I didn't want to give them just cash, I wanted something for it - but not because I like things, but because I like to advertise for organizations that I love which is why my clothing doesn't have any discernible logos.  I have a SomaFM shirt because I donated to them.  And a CBC shirt because I love them.  And a funny shirt with Obama on it because I like him a lot.  I have a shirt with a tree on it, and another with a bicycle on it, both of which I bought from a local street vendor and it works well because I like local things and I also like trees and bicycles.
Long story short, I made my donation and waited for the bag to come.  And waited.  And waited.  And then I resolved it was lost in the cross border mail and I thought about emailing them but then I thought whatever, the point was to donate to them and I did and so I hope someone deserving ended up with my KCSM bag.
And then.  Today.  I come in from my run and check my mail and lo!  The bag is there!  And it's not just some run of the mill bag.  It's made from 9 recycled bottles.  And it is slick.  I'm now torn between doing my grocery shopping with it, or with my Powell's Books bag.  You see my dilemma.  Clearly.  Also enclosed was a bumper sticker which is now affixed to my laptop.  It made my week.  If you like jazz, please check out KCSM and consider donating and possibly going to Yoshi's with me.
The other thing that I did today was become addicted to another television show (as I have watched all three seasons of "The IT Crowd" currently proffered on Netflix).  This show would be "Rescue Me".  And what can I say?  I love and have always loved Denis Leary.  He actually sings my own personal anthem. 

2 comments:

judith said...

I love him, he reminds me of my Uncle Louis.

Anonymous said...

Hey, your mother drinks Budweiser!