Monday, July 18, 2011

Horseshoe extravaganza

Additionally, the dinner tonight went well. I made a butternut squash curry, with quinoa and spinach salad on the side. Everyone had seconds. Michael brought two pies: mixed berry; and cherry. And also some macaroons.

J, sitting next to me on the couch, noticed that I hadn't eaten my macaroon and said she would take it off my hands for me. I said that no, I was just pacing myself and so Michael got her another one. She can be pretty aggressive given she's like 5 inches shorter than me and very soft spoken.

G ran the Knee Knacker last week and J was in charge of all the aid stations for the race. Early on in the evening we all congratulated one another: G for completing the Knee Knacker; J for being the 1st female in her age category and the 2nd female overall for Elk Lake 50 miler; Michael for placing 2nd in his age category at the Edge to Edge Half marathon; and to me for placing first in my age category and first overall female for the Edge to Edge marathon.

We chatted. We ate. We drank. And then it was hugs all around and we said "hope to see you soon" and "feel better" as we have two hamstring issues, an IT band problem and a rotated hip betwixt us. Seriously. After Chicago, Boston and Big Sur? No more marathons.

Oh, and because I knew I'd be kind of tired and hungover tomorrow I emailed my therapist earlier in the week to see if she had anything later than our usual 9:10am appointment and she said no, but then late tonight she said she had a cancellation and so I get to sleep in an extra hour.

And also I scored two free tickets to Bard on the Beach including a salmon barbeque and seating for the fireworks that night because... horseshoe.

Seriously. How cool is that?

4 comments:

judith said...

I don't know how you run with the weight from all those horseshoes up your ass!

Duder said...

They make an awful clanking sound, also. ;)

Overboard said...

Hahahhaha you two.

Duder said...

He he.
Clank.