Thursday, May 6, 2010

You want me to engage my what now?

I hear a lot about the core. Gotta strengthen it. It's integral for... everything. I do plank pose to develop it. I do awkward looking things with an exercise ball to facilitate it. And I thought it meant, basically, stomach muscles. But apparently it's more all encompassing than that. And it sounds like I'm not engaging it as much as I should which is something I should look into.
There's a lot of things that I would like to look into.
Vedanta seems fascinating. A lot of cool people were interested in it: J. D. Salinger; Aldous Huxley; Thoreau.
Socrates was sentenced to death, unjustly, and carried it out by drinking hemlock and conversing with his friends while waiting for the inevitable to come.
Stalin. What was with that guy? I must've learned all the minutiae about him in high school, but he was a totally crazy murderous bastard. He's on par with Hitler. Can you imagine living in Russia during the 30s? I need to go back to school.
The new Spoon album is getting rave reviews. Need to tap that.
Clearly I have a lot to do. I also am running the Sun Run on Sunday. I thought being stuck in the middle of 6,500 people last Sunday was a pain in the ass. I can't wait to be stuck in the middle of 50,000.
Yes. I have much to accomplish. Unfortunately the 32 hours a week that I spend doing whatever it is that I do for a living definitely hinders me.
I need a philanthropist to invest in me (heavily) so I can pursue loftier goals, and so I can stop throwing canned vegetables onto the floor at the supermarket to dent them so I can get a discount at the til.
With a little effort, and a bit of spit on a Kleenex, I bet I could be a pretty interesting person.

No comments: