Monday, March 8, 2010

It's go time.

I contacted a realtor today and my condo will be going on the market in the next couple of weeks. It's a seller's market and I think I can get a price that will cover the penalty I'll have to pay to break my mortgage and to end up with a few grand in my pocket. If I can't break even I won't sell it, but I would like to.
I live a ten minute walk away from Michael and we see each other Friday through Sunday. I saw him when he kissed me goodbye this morning and I won't see him again until Friday.
I was trying to piece together the chronology of our relationship vis a vis my old blogs and I think we split up late 2006. We started dating again in January 2008 and we've certainly had some problems, but we've worked through them in a more adult manner than we used to back when we lived together in Kerrisdale (to be read: I have been trying really hard to be a considerate grown up type person).
It's been a great couple of years overall, but as each weekend passes I am getting more and more sad when he kisses me on Monday morning that I won't see him again until Friday because of our busy schedules.
It took me three years of living alone to figure out that I don't want to live alone anymore. And we're both worried that it might not fly: this is going to be a trial period.
Whatever. The condo still needs to sell in order for any of this to happen.
I understand that the smell of baking bread lulls people into making very large and extravagant purchases, so I shall go out and purchase some (Glade plug-ins that smell like baking bread) yeast.
I had fun peeing with the door open and walking around naked and drinking juice and milk from the container while it lasted.
Ah, who am I kidding? I did all those things when we were living together the last time.

3 comments:

judith said...

Wishing you both all the best for the future. And let me know how that plug-in search goes... I've never seen bread scented before.

Duder said...

LOL, thanks jomamma. And that was nice what you did the other day: helping the starving young 'uns pay for their burgers.
Lots of good karma coming your way!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.