Monday, January 4, 2010

How many more dollars until I don't have to work anymore?

Picked Michael up at the Greyhound station at 9:15 last night. I think we were in bed by 11 o'clock and then he left for work this morning. I cleaned up his place. I put his clothing where I felt it ought to go, so I hope he can find most things as he goes to look for them.
Went for a run but, a mile into it, realized I was still pretty sore from yesterday's run. Kept on regardless. I feel compelled to take advantage of days that don't involve snow or the driving rain as is wont to happen in North Van in winter. Today it was a balmy 8 degrees!
Had a most frustrating afternoon trying to get through to National Bank (which took over Altamira, with whom my original account was set up). It culminated in me sending an email basically asking them to advise me what to do to close out the account because it should not ever take that much time or energy to talk to someone about my money which I lent to your institution.
Then I met Po for dinner in North Van and Michael joined us. It was nice. Some pretty surprising stories. Some damn cheap steak. It was a fun, casual evening. Michael invited me back to his place but I declined because he hasn't had a moment to himself since he came back and, since we moved into our places, I have come to understand appreciate the concept of time alone.
Blah. Don't want to work tomorrow.
Starting up with yoga again, though.
So... that's pretty riveting.
I also am enjoying Purdy's chocolate covered ginger.
Father's daughter.

1 comment:

judith said...

I asked the hubby a few weeks back, how many more years till I can retire. I can't afford to worry about the money, as little as I make I'll be working until I'm 203.