Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Meat sacks

Book club was brilliant. Meat sacks. Mens. Could you pick an ideal replacement for yourself for your lover/boyfriend/husband? Who knew Squishy could construct such an amazing paper airplane? Or that I would get to see some amazing art nouveau emblazoned on A's back?
We talked about the book as well ("The Dutch Wife").
I enjoy book club because I like hearing other people's theories and ideas and interpretations of the book: it makes it a more collaborative and educational and interesting, engaging phenomenon. The book grows. You discover things you overlooked. It becomes more nuanced.
Tonight was a lot of fun and my only regret was that it was a Wednesday and not a Friday. I am so very privileged to have such an amazing and wonderful and interesting and kind and diverse group of friends.
Coolest event of the night: bursting into "These Are the Mens (Daves) I Know". How random and awesome was that? So rad.
Also? I totally got stickers. Po raised the bar. Like, really high. I'll need to bring a miniature horse to the next book club to top this.
Oh! Or maybe a Guinea worm!

2 comments:

Pseudonym said...

How high are his pants?!?!?

Do Canadians always do such high pants?



Hmm... actually I've met about 5 and at least 2 did , the other three I don't remember...

Duder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.