Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day five: we got schooled

Oh my god. I can't keep the days straight.
I think this was the day we slept in due to sheer exhaustion and then took the train out to Harvard. We checked out their art gallery and were immediately inundated with Monets and Mamets and Pollacks and Picassos upon stepping out of the elevator. It was incredible. They have an amazing and vastly impressive collection of art.
We got back on the tube and went to MIT. The vibe there was quite different. We didn't see people playing frisbie on the lawn like what we'd seen at Harvard. It was a little more business oriented, a little more intense. Like, DNA sequencing intense. We checked out the Gehry building and even went inside, pretending to be students until our cover was blown when someone asked us about parallel universes and I said, "It's like parallel parking but... run!!!"
Then we went to a Red Sox game with another couple from the clinic which was cool because it's a really old stadium and they have a manual scoreboard. And the Red Sox kicked Minnesota's ass. And I got ID'd for a beer and I was like "Hello! I'm old enough to go to Harvard and you're asking for ID??"

No comments: