Friday, January 2, 2009

When not cursing Air Canada, we did other things

One day (I can't remember which day because they all blurred into one another and it was just really one huge eating/drinking/sleeping/t.v. watching extravaganza) we went for a walk. It was really, really cold that day. My face turned as red as it did that one time I was over at the Newf's house for Boxing Day and I didn't lock the bathroom door and one of the other party goers (a guy) walked in on me while I was peeing. Made for a fun rest of the evening.
But back to how cold it was. See, my wool jacket is sufficient for Vancouver weather. It held up pretty good in the Okanagan, but I really didn't have appropriate footwear. My boots, which I love and are rad, are not lined. Why have lined boots when the coldest it ever gets here is like minus six or something? It was a shit of a lot colder than that up there and I think you can see in the "peach picture" that I am trying to lift my toes off of the snow because I had lost all feeling in them at that point.

No comments: