Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh yeah, and this happened

On Christmas eve it snowed a ton in Vancouver. I was putzing around my apartment and I look out on the balcony and there's this poor pigeon taking respite from the snow. I could tell he was leery of me cause he stared at me every time I moved, but he didn't want to fly off the balcony cause the weather was utterly horrible.
So I fed him some bread which I know you're not supposed to do because pigeons are like flying rats, but I was having a fucking shitty Christmas eve and I guess I could relate to the way he was rendered immobile and was trying to hunker down and just get through it, all while freezing to death and feeling utterly miserable.
I actually couldn't stop crying on the 24th. It was fantastic. Then I flew to Penticton on the 26th and picked a fight with Michael and started crying on that day and he was like "Oh wow, I'm so happy you came". Then I got tonsillitis. And our flight was bumped three times.
But I am better now, I swear.
And fatter, too.


No comments: