Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Fluevog story

Look. I thought it was interesting.
Shut up.
Last weekend Michael and I tried to go for a walk along the beach but it was too cold so we ended up going to Park Royal. I wasn't really shopping for anything, but I wouldn't mind another pair of boots.
See, many moons ago when I had a job, we had a temp receptionist in. She was really good looking and very bohemian chic and one day she was wearing these super kick ass boots and I was like "where did you get those, they are so awesome" and so she told me and I looked them up online and they were way out of my price range (and then I thought "how the hell is she paying $300+ for boots when she's doing temp work as a receptionist?" and I also thought "how in the shit did Bush get elected for a second term?" and "why is John Ralston Saul so sententious?").
Anyways, I tried to explain what the boots looked like to Michael and I said that the receptionist had bought them at John Fluevog in Vancouver. I've never even been in the Fluevog store. And, uh, how often does one even say "Fluevog" in one's life? Yeah, not too often.
At any rate, I was unable to find any boots as cool as the ones that I can't afford at Fluevog and I ended up at Michael's later that night and I was checking my email and there was one there from my step-grandfather. His son had gotten married a couple of days before and he was forwarding pictures of the wedding. It turns out that the reception was at the home of some close friends of the bride.
Come on, guess who hosted it!
The Fluevogs.
How weird is that?
I think it's a sign I should buy the boots...

No comments: