Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Never gonna give you up

The day after my race in Tofino we went to visit Katie and Adam and then stopped off at Long Beach on the way back to our motel (where we kicked back, had some drinks, and in the true fashion of staunch Vancouverites: watched the Canucks suck wind).
He took a lot of photos of me at Long Beach, most of which I didn't realize were even being taken.

This photo is of me stopping to examine something interesting on the sand. I don't remember what it was. Probably a mussel shell or something (and yes, the green jacket and blue bandanna are making a lot of appearances of late. Whatever. And the thing hanging out of my ass is the lanyard deal for my camera which I had stowed in my back pocket: stop judging me).

Okay, but here is why I love Michael: he had me take this pic when we went back a bit later for Katie and Adam's wedding.
And then when he saw the picture he was upset that he was posed facing the wrong way.

He was on his A game that weekend, I tell ya.

He treats me like the petulant five year old I am.

5 comments:

Overboard said...

Tee hee. Funny.
Love that green top.
I have a green dress thing I want to give you. It's on the boat.
You are really, very funny.
You see life as funny.
That is the sign of enlightenment.
So is this Talisker.
I couldn't imagine not being high or buzzed on a good drink at least once a day.

Duder said...

I am not really a funny person. I just play one on the internet. ;)

These days I have been quaffing a little Grey Goose. Mighty nice.

judith said...

LOL, I would have never noticed that lanyard. I'm kinda thirsty.... I can't get over how overdressed you are for July! I currently have on only 3 pieces of clothing.

Duder said...

Damn. I shouldn't have mentioned the lanyard.
It's cold on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Surprisingly so!
3 pieces of clothing, eh? Socks and a hat?

judith said...

lol, no socks, guess again. I do have to cover up with a Mexican serape when watching TV. Hubby likes to feel like he could hang beef in here if the need arises. I go outside and my glasses fog up. At what temperature do consider hot there? 75?