Friday, April 23, 2010

I am, however, here.

So, recently I was thinking I should just nix the blog. I mean, it's pointless, egocentric and self-serving drivel and I'm blogging less and less (and you'd think the quality would increase, but that's just not the case either).
Anyways, I was just rifling through it this evening, scrolling past all the shit that's transpired in the last couple of years.
Hey: remember the time my dad died; I lost my job; I went to a therapist; I got the job that I used to only joke about; I ran the Boston marathon; I went to a physiotherapist; I cheered my brother on at his super moto races; my friends blindfolded themselves when we held book club at Kits beach because we had read "Blindness"; Felix got all licky; Michael put up with an inordinate amount of my shit; and people kept on hitting my car?
The blog entertains me. And it's all about doing the soft shoe shuffle for my entertainment.
Dropped the price of my condo today by about $5,000. It didn't feel right. I mean, I'm somewhat of a laissez-faire person and lately, with all the positive happy goodness double monkey luck vibes going on in the building, I feel like I'm supposed to be here.
I hope the tire kickers realize that the new price? Is THE price.
Fucking tire kickers.

7 comments:

judith said...

Holy shit, I swear we are channeling each other. I was thinking of quitting too! Too much shit in my life right now. I'm trying to see a therapist but the Bitch won't call me back. She must have already been told how screwed up I am.

I would miss your blog, it not only entertains me, it's also my example in how to write better.

On another note... I can't write or read the word THERAPIST without thinking of Saturday Night Live. Does this mean I'm going to start laughing when I go see her?

SuperMommy said...

Don't you dare!!! I check your blog chronically. I find it interesting, it lets me live vicariously through you, and it makes me feel like we're still "hanging out". You've inspired me to start blogging! You cannot stop blogging. I insist.

Baby Indie said...

Keep On Keeping On!

Duder said...

Thanks all, for the support.
Jomamma: I don't know the therapist bit from SNL? But then I don't have cable so I don't know what a Beiber or a Kardashian is, either.
SuperMommy: glad you're still checking in. We'll hang out for real again this year. It'll happen. What's your blog addy?
Baby Indie: thanks for checking in. I really like your blog. I didn't know Cornershop had released another album! And I crank "Little Lion Man" whenever I hear it in my car. Once you go Indie you never go back...

SuperMommy said...

http://minewantmilkmommy.blogspot.com

Duder said...

Ahh, SuperMommy. Best. Family. Portrait. Ever.

SuperMommy said...

:D