Thursday, December 10, 2009

I got a hamster for my birthday

On Monday it rained and Michael and I bought monorail tickets and checked out some of the other hotels. Insert (Paris) Hilton joke here.
We went for dinner and my mom gave me a hamster which I am excited about. He doesn't eat much. In fact he doesn't eat at all and I'm a little concerned about that, but he can run and run and run. So he and I have a lot in common, then.
Things in Vegas are expensive. I hadn't been for about ten years (and, granted, I did stay at Circus Circus last time), but Andrea's rum and Coke was about $10. A lot of people must have a lot of money to go to Vegas.
But we're in a recession, remember?
Oh, there was also some kind of cowboy convention going on so there were a lot of cowboy hats wandering around and there was an excruciating amount of country music being played. I would have left if Shania Twain showed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

run hamster runnnnnnnnnn!!!!
and correction it was a $10.50 rum & coke!!! this is why I didn't drink much there. I am far too poor for that! time to drink listerine and chew electrical tape!
I am going to set up my hamster now to chase my dog around!