Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Grin and bear it

It's funny. I guess the times when I'm sitting here and I'm feeling rather content and calm (as I have been the last couple of days) I should be satisfied with that. Apparently I just prefer drama. I want my life to be like a soap opera. I would work for a perfume company and I would have a long lost sister that was evil that I killed but that I didn't really kill cause she would come back and sleep with my husband and I would wear a lot of jangly jewellery and high heels and have a stricken look on my face which would be a mixture of "did I leave the stove on?" and "what is that peculiar smell?". And I would be locked in a basement or stranded on an island. Or possibly both at the same time. It'd be grand.
Let's see. A guy sunning himself on the balcony across from me watched me do yoga tonight. I must've been embarrassingly inflexible because he eventually retreated into his apartment.
I came across a receipt for this super great cafe we went to while we were in Boston called Sorelle. It was really impromptu: we were out for a (realllllly sloooooow) walk the day after the marathon and it just started pouring down rain and we ducked into the cafe and it was totally modern and playing great alternative music and it had tons of indie, artistic and architectural magazines and the food was fantastic. It was great. So if you're ever in Boston, check out Sorelle.
I also came across of couple of CDs with old pics on them. Yeah. Like this one. Me and the Newf went to Harrison Hot Springs to check out the sandcastle competition. Or maybe we went there and then happened upon it. I can't rightly remember. Anyways, we drank too much wine and I molested this bear and then got a henna tattoo and some hippy bling that I never wear anymore.
I think my long lost sister's name would be Imogen.

4 comments:

Godinla said...

You get nuttier by the day. Love it.

So, tell us...what do bear tits feel like?

judith said...

Yeah... those look a little brassy. How corny is a jacket on a bear?

I imagine your husband, who slept with Imogene is named Randolph. And he loves for people to ask him "are your RANDY?"

Duder said...

LOL. Bear tits are kinda hairy.
And yes, I should have seen the Randy/Imogen plotline coming. Damnit.

judith said...

lol, I had a friend who visited London with her son Randy, They were there for about a week, hitting all the tourist spots. She couldn't figure out why everyone stared and laughed at her when she would call for her son in a crowd if they were separated. Wasn't until the last day there that she was informed that she was standing in a crowd basically screaming at the top of her lungs "I'm horny!"

She always made fun of me whistling for my kids.