Saturday, December 20, 2008

You can't go wrong with Blue Rodeo

Well. It was a banner day for yours truly.
As I write this it's snowing like a sonofabitch and I'm hoping that my good friend C has made it home safely. His parting words were something like, "I may forget to text you when I get home, but I'll text you in the morning. But I'll definitely text you if I get in an accident." Great. Those are the alerts you lie awake and hope for.
So, back the concept of our perception and the perception that others have of us. I think that yes, people have different perceptions of us than what we have of ourselves. This must be the case because no one else knows what goes on in our heads unless we deign to share that with others. Also, in the same vein, different people want different things from us. In a person we may want a confessor, a friend, a confidant, a shoulder to cry on, a sympathetic ear, a devil's advocate, a lover, a partner. And for each of those labels that I have just laid out there are a myriad of subsections. It's not simple.
Ego, lust, self validation, friendship, love, commitment, power, camaraderie, knowledge, servitude. Some of the things that we want from others. Others who may want something different from us.
I would give my left nut to be able to see and feel what others see and feel when they look at me.
That said, I found a toonie today.
It was in my toilet.
Yeah. My toilet.
I have no freaking idea what that's about.
Look, perhaps you feel sorry for my current status of, um, potential homelessness, but if you want to leave money behind in my apartment? Just stuff it in my purse or leave it on the counter. Seriously.

No comments: