Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things that are... things (but mostly I'm cold and tipsy)

Thank god for Book Club. We talked about "Ender's Game" rather briefly.
The main points are: WTF? Skyhammer and Squishy can't move to Montreal!? Jesus. This will affect me negatively and NO, we will not Skype you in to subsequent Book Club meetings. Bastards.
And then man... You guys just can't go. I have the best conversations with you. You help me to figure out shit and there is so much shit to be figured out. Though Po did notice I was tense tonight. I thought I was doing pretty good. I though I was pulling it off. What, me tense? Why would I be tense?
Right. The food, wine, venue were fantastic (actually, beyond fantastic). The conversation was the type that makes me want to stay until 1am. I appreciate the offer of couches on which to crash, but nothing is quite as cosy as home (where I refuse to turn the heat on for financial purposes now).
What the fuck is in Montreal that isn't in Vancouver? Fuck "joie de vivre" and the ability to buy wine at general stores.
Please!!
I'll learn to speak French and stop shaving my legs and pits and start smoking cigarettes and dressing more sexily.
Don't leave me...
Sigh.
Cause I don't want to go to bed yet I will post a top three things that I love about everyone tonight (and this is what I perceive, of course):
  • Po. Her incredible artistic talent. Her openness to trying and immersing herself in new things and ideas. Her steadfastness and confidence.
  • Squishy. Her fucking fantastic positive outlook on life. Her wild sense of adventure. Her comfort within her own skin.
  • Coco. Her culinary skills are unparalleled. Her determination and pursuit of her literary dream. Her kindness and open mindeness (I can't believe I've known you for only a year or two).
  • Skyhammer. His wry sense of humor. His intelligence. His ability to accept that which is beyond us, and to investigate it further.

Yes. Yes! Montreal sucks! I've spent years trying to find such amazing indivuals and now you're all going to leave me.
Was it something I said?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - we're still here right now! As Po has been telling us lately - in the moment baby, and in the moment we are here, lovin you. Though we'd love you from afar too. I almost feel guilty that we didn't talk about the book more. Po tried but the rest of us were too far into the BITCH to follow. Need more coffee now. Maybe it is time to start my own TV production company. Skyhammer can produce, Squishy can be head of development, you can do fianance, Po can head up art dept and we can ALL write.

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Hey Duder!

Just been catching up on your blog. Great pics and write-ups. It sucks that you lost your job. Same thing happened to me earlier this year too. Keep at it girl. Things will get better.

Best wishes

Keith

Duder said...

Thanks again for such a great evening Coco! It was so nice to see everyone.
Yeah, I guess we didn't do the book justice, but we all know what the main thrust is:
Children are not to be trusted.
He he.

Duder said...

Thanks, Keith!
:)