Thursday, December 11, 2008

Proof of life

This is for C and my mom. See? I did go outside today. It was a nice day.
A weird thing happened when I was out for my walk. This woman's motorized wheelchair seemed to not be working as she was like a third of the way into an intersection on Esplanade which is like four or six lanes of traffic. So that was pretty unnerving and I stepped out into traffic to help her with another guy, but then the RCMP came and took over. It just kind of begged the question though: if you are a quadriplegic and the battery on your motorized wheelchair goes, um, what are you supposed to do?

1 comment:

judith said...

You learn early on to plug that thing in every night... just like the time some of the Grandkids took Grandpa's golf cart out for a spin and it died because they hadn't plugged it in the day before after a spin. They had to push that heavy bastard home. My kids know to plug it in... but they both worked at a golf course as young'uns too.